The Conversion Rate Experts put out some great advice about how travel marketers (and anyone, really) can increase their online conversion rate, meaning turn more website visitors into customers. I suggest reading the entire article, but here are the highlights:
1. Collect customer feedback – from the customers themselves and from your customer-facing employees (VOC and VOE)
2. Fry the big fish first – if your website is under-performing, test UX improvements to key pages – save the fuchsia v. magenta test for later
3. Avoid usability wild goose chases – don’t get bogged down in usability issues when the true problem is an underwhelming value proposition
4. Build credibility – product ratings, customer testimonials, media coverage, and endorsements by experts or even celebrities can go along way
5. Have a compelling offer – as mentioned in #3, offer something worth buying and communicate why it’s worth buying
Man, these guys are singing my song.